Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Older Sibling Smirk

As an older sibling I'll admit I have listened many times to the little Devil on my shoulder who tells me ways to manipulate and embarrass my younger sister for my own amusement. It's not really my fault that Eva believed me when I told her Mom said she was going to drop her off on the side of the road and leave her there. And I merely suggested Eva should moon the paperboy when he came to the door. It's never easy going through life first; the way I see it, our younger counterparts owe us a few laughs at their expense, and laughing at them will probably never get old.

The picture below is of me and Eva on a recent trip to
Las Vegas. I'm not 100% mean...I did take her with me when I went there on business and she went on business to gamble and sing karaoke. When Eva took this photo my arm was going in for the classic "bunny ears" behind her head, but I didn't quite get there before she snapped the picture and caught a devilish smirk stretching across my face. I always knew I got some kind of sinister enjoyment out of even the simplest means of getting back at my sister, but I'd never actually seen evidence of it on my face like that. I like to think I hide it pretty well, but in that instant Eva caught the look of evil that I now realize has probably flashed across my face at least a million times before.

1 comment:

  1. ah yes, at least i finally caught it on camera ya big jerk :)

    ReplyDelete