Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Virtual Torture

I discovered Camzone when my family first moved to San Diego and I was still at college in Massachusetts. It plays live camera streams from places in San Diego. I used to look at it during snowstorms when I was holed up in my dorm room writing essays with freezing fingers. It provided me with a little virtual escape until my heart practically burst with jealousy thinking about my family sitting down by the pool in February, then it became more a form of virtual torture.

This time I chose to come back to the land of snow and ice, so I can't complain (just watch me try). I don't know if I'm looking at Camzone now more for escape, torture, nostalgia, or just to stalk the surfers you can
occasionally catch a glimpse of in the water.

This is what it looks like in the frozen tundra outside my door in Massachusetts:

And courtesy of Camzone, this is what it looks like down at the sun-washed La Jolla Shores:

No comments:

Post a Comment