Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 In Limbo

2009 was one of those in between years for me. It was in between places (moving between San Diego and Massachusetts). Literally spending time getting in between the country...crossing from one coast to another.

It was a year in between the past and the future. San Diego was once a new future, now it's part of the past, yet, here I am living back in the place of my childhood...so what's my future?


2009 was a year of indecision disguised as a year of decision. We chose to come home to the east coast. Decision, right? Not really. It was a safe choice to make to come back to our hometown knowing that San Diego wasn't the place we wanted to be forever. But now that we're here, we still don't know where that place is, or what we want to do, or how we plan to get there.

I never wait until the first of the year to set resolutions. I've already resolved that I need to make changes in the near future. I have resolved that I can't live below my nosy grandparents for another year. I can't keep working at a place where I think The Devil Wears Prada may have been scripted.

I would like 2010 to be a year of gaining momentum again...give myself a good shove into the new decade. We owe it to ourselves to try to make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment