Friday, October 12, 2012

Weekend in Chicago



We didn't run the Chicago marathon this weekend, but I'm pretty sure we did walk a marathon around this city. 

Tommie and I went there to visit my old college roommate who is currently living/working in Illinois, and our other college friend flew in from Boston with her boyfriend. We were there because I had to attend a trade show for my job later that week. We all agreed it was very "grown up" of us to be meeting up in a somewhat random city.
The five of us spent most of our time around Millennium Park and Michigan Ave. We also went to The Art Institute Chicago, but I think there was actually more interesting sculptures and buildings to see just walking around.

Of course there was good food involved, treating ourselves to a nice dinner at Allium, Bandera, and other local finds. We needed to carbo load...it was marathon weekend after all.

It was fun to travel and see friends before heading off to my conference. I wish it could always be like that. Next week I will turn the odd age of 29 sitting on a plane by myself traveling to Las Vegas for another print-related trade show. If only I could find an excuse to treat myself to a birthday showing of The Thunder Down Under, but I don't think that's considered a work expense.

1 comment:

  1. This was a lovely post, but I have to object to being called "old" :)

    ReplyDelete