Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Decoration Day

Today was a snow day. Perhaps the only good thing about winter is getting unexpected days off from work.
I spent the day trying to come up with a decoration plan for my wedding. I drew with colored pencils, retaught myself how to fold paper in 3-D, and spent way too much time online searching for good deals on decorations. That's the problem with being cheap; I'm always convinced I can find an even better deal than the last one, but ultimately nothing is ever as cheap as I would like...okay, nothing is free.
Because the colors I'm drawn to for my summer gathering are bright (aqua, yellow and orange), it's going to be tricky to tie them all together and maintain a level of cohesiveness, but I'm up for the challenge. Tommie, on the other hand, just wishes I'd stop asking him about the color of paper lanterns and interrupting his work to show him what I remembered from elementary school art class.

1 comment: