Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New (And Perhaps Even Busier) Year Ahead

2010 was a busy year; it was a major events year; it was an expensive year. In 2009 Tommie and I moved back to Massachusetts, but other than the move itself, 2009 was pretty uneventful: we lived below my grandparents, weren’t very well employed, and we didn't have any money coming in to do anything exciting.
At the start of 2010 Tommie and I began new jobs at different non-profits. Over the summer we moved into a new apartment. We finally got engaged. In the fall we bought a new car. Then all of my teeth starting crapping out which must mean I also began to age rapidly in 2010 (great).
I guess some years you just have to get a lot done. It’s almost been too much for my little Libra heart to take, but I better get used to it since I know we will see a ripple effect into 2011. I don’t think it’s possible for the year ahead to be boring with the wedding approaching next summer, our constant quest to seek a creative and balanced lifestyle, travel plans set for California and honeymooning out of the country. We’ll also feel the effect in our wallets, but that’s another story.

I really liked
my career horoscope for 2011 (from Yahoo), especially this part...
You prefer any work that involves socializing, utilizing your creative and intellectual talents and of course flirting your heart out. This is why sitting behind an isolated desk doing menial tasks will just never rock your world. You're finally coming to terms with saying no to anything you consider a giant waste of your time, and you can thank Saturn for that. Adding to the planetary support to align work with soul, Neptune, the planet of glamour and dreams enters your work sector this April through August. It shall then again return in 2012 to stay for an extended 14-year ride, making sure that you absolutely adore what you do. This is a wonderful opportunity to find meaning and inspiration in your work.

I better work on myself and my career so that my 14-year plan is ready to be in effect by 2012! That's fine with me though...my hope is that 2011 is a year of growth, of building confidence, of fully embracing my creativity. It's also the year I'm getting married (yikes!) and I need to start working on my grown-up life plans (sorry, Mom, babies are NOT part of the upcoming plan). It will be be another busy, eventful year, but I'm ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment