Monday, April 13, 2009

San Diego Scrapbook

T minus seven days before departure. I have actually found it more difficult to accept leaving San Diego than leaving my hometown. I knew that place would always be my "home;" I knew I would visit as often as possible; I knew I had ties there, but San Diego doesn't have a clear label in my life...it was a place I spent 3 years of my life...it was where I had my first real job, where I had my first apartment, where I had plenty of adventures. I am leaving with much more than I came with...more perspective, more memories and more things to miss.

Things I'll miss most about California:


Avocados


Citrus trees











Sushi Deli











Dog Parks
/Dog Beaches









Surfers














Calls from base














Steven Jekyll Webb










Sunsets











The fact that rain dates don't have to exist


Everything being "10 minutes away"


South Park and our apartment










Craftsman Houses


The Adventures














Exploring the West Coast














La Jolla Shores











Comic-con














Gay pride














Being 3 hours behind everyone else


And, of course, my family

No comments:

Post a Comment