Wednesday, October 16, 2013

30/30: Happy New Era!

October 16th







For my last photos in my twenties, I wanted to pay homage to my running status as the world’s last young, old person.  Though, if it wasn’t a Wednesday night in North Carolina (and probably if my sister was around)…I’d prefer to be spending my last hour watching the Thunder Down Under.

I tried to think of something ceremonious I could do.  People like to plant trees.  I recalled a seedling packet for a Japanese Red Maple (I love those trees) that we received as a favor during a wedding we attended when we first moved to San Diego.  I have no idea if the seeds will still sprout, but I planted it right before midnight and made a wish.
Of course, I had to stay up until midnight of my birthday just like you do on New Year’s.  Only I’m the only person cheering, “Happy new era!” like the crazy old lady I now am.

2 comments:

  1. You did NOT. #HOWAREWESISTERS ?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have the same orange and yellow on your walls as we do! It IS true what they say about great minds! xoxo

    ReplyDelete