A craving for key lime pie got us in the mood for baking last night. We've made easy key lime pie before (using our blender) but the twist tonight was also making the graham cracker crust (we usually just buy it pre-made).The crust is just graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter chilled for an hour.
Here's the recipe for easy key lime pie:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip two large eggs in blender (we have a whipping attachment) until light and frothy.
- Add one 14-ounce can of condensed milk.
- Add 1/2 cup of fresh-squeezed lime juice.
- Blend to incorporate and pour into pie crust.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, then chill for a couple hours before serving.