Thursday, October 10, 2013

30/30: Night at the Museum

October 10th

Since it was free admission night at the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University and we hadn't been since last spring, we thought we'd check out what kind of new exhibits were cooking. 
I liked everything, but I really enjoyed Doris Duke's Shangri La exhibit.  I had no idea about her private collection of Islamic art and the five-acre estate in Hawaii (now a cultural center) where she housed it.  

Several beautiful photographs of the estate were lit up in large light boxes.  The 3D effect made me feel like wish I was there.  I really appreciate the style and the architecture--maybe because it reminds me of our honeymoon in Turkey, or because it involves a lot of pretty lanterns, and you know I'm a sucker for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment